In 1994, the church parsonage was removed and a gym was added in order to provide greater opportunity to engage the community at all age levels and has been used by various community organizations such as Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, Rotary Club of Port Orford, Head Start, Department of Human Services, Port Orford Police Department, Fuller Bicycle Group, Good News Club, Cape Blanco Sports, Coast Community Health, American Red Cross, and more.
It is our goal to be actively involved in all aspects of our community whenever possible as it is our belief that the need to have Christ at the center of each community has never been greater.
We are located in a community that is predominantly retired seniors and vacation homes. Regardless of this challenge, we embrace the blessings it also presents and continue to strive to be an inter generational church, inclusive of any age, race, or creed who desires to seek and experience a life-long growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Therefore, our target audience is not based on demographics, but on the “whosoever will” people Jesus speaks of.
- The Scriptures – We believe the Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- God – We believe there is only One True God-revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- Jesus Christ – We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- Fall of Man – We believe though originally good, man willingly fell to sin-ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Salvation – We believe every person can have restored fellowship with God through ‘salvation’ (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin).
- Baptism and Communion – We believe and practice two ordinances-(1) water baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- Holy Spirit – We believe the baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit – We believe that every Christian can be baptized in the Holy Spirit and is given special gifts that help both minister to the Body of Christ and the lost. (These gifts are found in both Romans 12, and 1 Corinthians 12.)
- Sanctification – We believe sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
- The Church – We believe the church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the church’ is the body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- Ministry – We believe a divinely called and scriptural ordained leadership ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers-the Church.
- Healing – We believe in divine healing of the sick which is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- Blessed Hope – We believe in the blessed hope-when Jesus raptures His church prior to His return to earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- Millennial Reign – We believe in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
- Final Judgement – We believe a final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- New Heavens and New Earth – We believe and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’
- Praise and Worship – We believe in worshiping the Lord in Spirit and in truth, with all of our hearts and with all of the means revealed in the Bible, showing our love with expressive demonstration of thanksgiving, joy, and praise.
- All People – We believe that people of every race, age, and background are made in God’s image and are meant to be loved, pastored, and presented with God’s good news.
Pastors brandon and kendra vernoy
Lead Pastor Brandon Vernoy’s ministry journey was birthed out of a desire to simply know God more. As one who came to know Christ late in high school, ministry has been the by-product of Pastor Brandon’s desire to experience and share the love of Jesus throughout every season of his life. His formal training began at Southern Oregon Master’s Commission in Rogue River, Oregon and has seen him take on several staff and volunteer positions throughout Southern Oregon and Northern California. Pastor Brandon has been actively engaged in such roles for a greater measure of his Christian life all while continuing his ongoing education thru Global University. In addition to this and family: other passions and hobbies include, outdoor exploring, reading, movies, basketball, food, and frisbee golf.
Brandon and Kendra met as neighbors on a dead end dusty road in the small town of Rogue River. With the blessing of her parents who embraced Brandon early in his faith, they began courting during Kendra’s senior year of high school and married a year later in June of 2004. They have since had three children Elysha (2005), Josiah, (2007), and Myriah (2012). They have loved and served the Lord together wherever their journey has taken them. And after serving as staff pastors at Family Worship Center in North Bend, Oregon for nearly 4 years, Brandon and Kendra returned to their small town roots in 2014 as Lead pastors of Port Orford Christian Center in the small endearing community of Port Orford; Oregon’s oldest coastal town where Kendra also serves as the Next Gen children’s and youth pastor.